If this is a Medicare patient, then I hope you got an ABN signed, because otherwise you are probably out of luck.
If this nodule has been determined to be non-cancerous (previous PET is negative, biopsy, etc.), then neither the PI or PS would be appropriate because these are only used for PET for oncologic indications.
If the patient is Medicare and this PET is being performed for a non-covered indication, use code G0235 instead of 78811-78816.
I would also suggest that you read the SNM Q & A on pulmonary nodules and PET at http://interactive.snm.org/index.cfm?PageID=8734
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join