There is a very useful powerpoint presentation I found by searching for "Infusion and Injection Coding" from www.vhima.org. Would post the link, but it downloads the document rather than displaying it.
36000 is for the catheter placement
96374 is for IV push of one drug (time duration 15 minutes or less)
96375 is for IV push of DIFFERENT drug (time duration 15 mintues or less)
Note: This reference states "Do not report this charge (96374) with an initial therapeutic Infusion (2010 CPT 96355) unless it meets the following critera's" The reference goes on to list these criterea.
Anyway, lots more information at this site. While the current codes include typical supplies for IV starts and hydration, 3600 is for catheter "placement."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join