7. Base payment for each ranked procedure on the lower of the billed amount, or:
• 100 percent of the fee schedule amount (Field 34 or 35) for the highest valued procedure;
• 50 percent of the fee schedule amount for the second highest valued procedure; and
• 25 percent of the fee schedule amount for the third through the fifth highest valued procedures;
As for the 2nd question, I have had those very same scenarios and did add 25/57 when there was a separate, identifiable E/M and a major proc.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join