I think I'm missing something - how could a small bowel resection include the prior colostomy? Had to be a partial colectomy didn't there? I'm afraid there are too many possibilities here to give a definitive opinion, but I would look at 44141, 44143, & 44144, to any of which you could add 44139 for the splenic flexure, or 44345, which could NOT take the 44139. This is also assuming that there were no anastomoses anywhere.......
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join