I see several issues here. Let me explain.
1) "Anterior spinal fusion, T12-L2" - you do not have this coded, was this intentional? I would assume this would be:
Was there a co-surgeon? I could not tell based on the Op Report, if so you would need the 62 modifier.
2) "L1 corpectomy" - I would believe this to be 63090.
3). "Placement of anterior inter body spacer" - you did not have this coded as well. I see reference in the dictation regarding the PEEK Cage, although I am not sure of the levels it spanned. Was it just one cage or one at each fusion level as I would assume. I would assume it to be:
You will have coding issues with the Posterior Lami's (63047/63048) and Osteotomies (22214/22216). Per the CCI Edits, "Code 63047 is a component of Column 1 code 22214 but a modifier is allowed to differentiate between the services provided". If the osteotomies were done so they could complete the laminectomies it would be considered inclusive. If they were not, I would recommend the 59 modifier.
I am not sure why you billed the 63087, I assume you confused it with 63090? The rest looks fine.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join