06-09-2017, 04:13 AM | Community Wiki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion C4-C5, C5-C6, C6-C7

Smile if you still have cheat sheet, I would Love a Copy?
    Medical Coding Books
    Hello to my AAPC friends!

I also do Surgical billing for Neurology procedures (new ) and would also LOVE a copy of the cheat sheet if still have it?

Sincerely,
    Janet
    my fax # is 678-244-8123

Thank You so Much!!

Default Can I get a copy of your cheet sheet?
    Would you mind e-mailing me a copy of your cheet sheet?
    tina.boback@msn.com
    Thank you!
    Tina Boback CPC

3. Default Cheat sheet copy request!!!! Please help!
    Would you be so kind to fax me a copy of your cheat sheet??
    215-762-4345. I would really appreciate it!
    Linda

4. Default cheat sheet
    Would someone share this with me too? I am about to post a spinal procedure question myself... Thanks for your help!!
    864-542-2939 ... Attention: Kelli

Default Cheat Sheet Copy Request
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins11 View Post
    I am faxing the info requested today to both Donni and Meagan. Hope it helps.

Thanks!
    757-962-5806 fax

I have been coding General Surgery for about 1 1/2 and now I have be moved to coding NEUROSURGERY. I am so nervous and just received my first surgerical operative report.
    Anterioir cervical diskectomy and fusion at C6-7, using threaded impacted allograft bone dowel and titanium plate/screws at C6-C7 (surgical microscope used for microdissetion).

If anyone can send ANY helpful tips, websites or classes that I may attend, I would HIGHLY appreciate it.
    Jo, CPC

Default cheat sheet pleeeeze!
    I too would love a copy of the cheat sheet. Please fax to 678-354-4545 or email to ojustus@ascpremier.com .

I am new to neurosurgery as well and some of it can be challenging. These ACDF's can be a pain. I need to show the physician that 63081 and 22551 cannot be reported together as they are on the same level.

Thanks so much!

Olivia

7. Exclamation desperate for info on substantiating 63081/63082
    I wouldnt code a corpectomy. You have to document that 1/2 of the vertebral body was removed for cervical, 1/3 for lumbar and thoracic. The word subtotal isnt enough, the dr. has to state what portion was removed. If not, it is a discectomy which would be 22551 and 22552 x 2. I dont see, unless I am missing it where local bone was used so I wouldnt use 20936. the spacer would be 20931. The plate would be 22846, although I would let the dr. know that he really should dictate at which levels he places the instrumentation. Hope this helps!
    HEY PENGUIN, CAN YOU PROVIDE ANY DOCUMENTATION RE: THE NEED TO RESECT ATLEAST 1/2 OF CERVICAL BODY IN ORDER TO BILL 63081, and 1/3 for thoracic/lumbar?

Default cheat sheet
    I work with neurosurgeons as well and we do perform a lot of ACDF's, quite a few are with corpectomies. You can not bill for a discectomy 1 level above, below or at the same segment that you do a corpectomy, it is included. If you bill 22551 with 63081, this is like billing 63075, 22554 and 63081 together for the same level, the discectomy is included and will get thrown out anyway. If you bill for a corpectomy, you would bill 63081 and 22554 plus the additional level codes. If you give me your fax number, I would be happy to fax you an instrumentation "cheat sheet" that I use all the time which gives the name of a type of graft and what code to bill which we obtained at a coding seminar. Thank you.
    Please send me the cheat sheet
    lfisher@imdsinc.com

Lisa R. Fisher, CPC
    President, Mobile, AL Chapter 2017
    Vice President Mobile, AL Chapter 2016
    Integrated MD Solutions, INC.
    Daphne, AL

251-621-6478
    lfisher@imdsinc.com
    Remote Coder-Aviacode
    lisa.fisher@contractors.aviacode.com

Default It's been a while, but do you or anyone in this post happen to have that cheat sheet?
    I work with neurosurgeons as well and we do perform a lot of ACDF's, quite a few are with corpectomies. You can not bill for a discectomy 1 level above, below or at the same segment that you do a corpectomy, it is included. If you bill 22551 with 63081, this is like billing 63075, 22554 and 63081 together for the same level, the discectomy is included and will get thrown out anyway. If you bill for a corpectomy, you would bill 63081 and 22554 plus the additional level codes. If you give me your fax number, I would be happy to fax you an instrumentation "cheat sheet" that I use all the time which gives the name of a type of graft and what code to bill which we obtained at a coding seminar. Thank you.
    I'm really stuck on this. I get it for a second.. and then I dont. In what circumstances would a complete diskectomy AND corpectomy be paid? I have an op note that says first osteophytes were removed, then a complete diskectomy was done, and then a decompressive corpectomy, and then fusion with instrumentation, etc. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

10. Red face neurosurgery
    Quote Originally Posted by mhstrauss View Post
    Would you mind faxing to me also? I'm trying to get more confident in coding neurosurgery, and would like any resources possible!! My fax is 225-768-2806. TIA!!!
    would you mind faxing me the cheat sheet also. My fax number is 270-415-4828. Thank Darlene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12