I wouldnt code a corpectomy. You have to document that 1/2 of the vertebral body was removed for cervical, 1/3 for lumbar and thoracic. The word subtotal isnt enough, the dr. has to state what portion was removed. If not, it is a discectomy which would be 22551 and 22552 x 2. I dont see, unless I am missing it where local bone was used so I wouldnt use 20936. the spacer would be 20931. The plate would be 22846, although I would let the dr. know that he really should dictate at which levels he places the instrumentation. Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join