Let me see if I can find some info. It makes sense they are denying the 80. That is for an assistant surgeon and Cardio docs are not surgeons; you can also check your edits to see if an 80 is allowable on the code you're billing. Never really had this scenario before. Are you biling separate claims for the cardio and CT surgeon? You should capture the work for each physician. 33217 for the cardio and then your code for the CT surgeon.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join