95 vs 97

1. Default 95 vs 97
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi,

Can someone please explain the following to me:

The major difference between 95 & 97 guidelines

I remember it being something about 3 chronic conditions but I can't remember the exact or similar wording..

Thanks

Default 95 and 97
    It is much more specific go to medicare learning network and you can download guidelines for each

Quote Originally Posted by msbrowning View Post
    Hi,

Can someone please explain the following to me:

The major difference between 95 & 97 guidelines

I remember it being something about 3 chronic conditions but I can't remember the exact or similar wording..

Thanks
    The exam is different as well as the 3 chronic conditiions. It would be best if you printed out or read both sets of guidelines. I keep both on my desk, just in case
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

4. Default
    Ok, thank you, but what is it about the 3 chronic conditions that's different? That's where I get confused..

Red face Chronic condition
    If I remember correctly 3 chronic conditions can qualify for extended hpi with cc. This is from memory.
    Pm for any questions I work with 95 and 97 guidelines every day and night. I audit e/m charts using both guidelines.

Aimie:

Quote Originally Posted by msbrowning View Post
    Ok, thank you, but what is it about the 3 chronic conditions that's different? That's where I get confused..
    The provider must document the status of atleast 3 chronic conditions. Example: DM stable on ____ meds.

Not just giving the "laundry list of dx's. Like, patient has DM, HTN and Hyperlipidemia with no elaboration.

I still suggest you read the DG for yourself.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"