Gotta love those sales reps, I always say the best part of any of these products are the sales reps. I don't know where you are located, but NGS Medicare J13 has an LCD (L26415) and supplemental article (A45929) for Cardiac Event Monitors. This is what they have to say in their article: "10. All services should be coded as a single "packaged service" over 30 days, regardless of the number of transmissions during that period. The patient may require multiple transmissions per day or within the 30 days, but the units of services (NOS) field should always be entered as one (1)."
You might want to check your Medicare carrier for any LCD, or check with the patient's insurance carrier. From reading the CPT descriptions, I get the impression that this is billed once in the thirty day period.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join