Your diagnosis code will be loosening of implant (a complication code, 99x.xx), since there was a fusion use v45.4 also. For CPT's your doc is doing a removal of implant (look in the 20000 sec of CPT) along with, essentially, a re-fusion with bone marrow graft and posterior segmental insturmentation...on a sesame seed bun.
See what codes you come up with and post them. The folks here are good and will let you know how you did, along with why!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join