How do you code the immunization administration for a Medicare patient when they receive both a pneumonia (or flu) shot in addition to another vaccine such as a tetanus shot? We first tried billing G0009 and 90471 but got a denial. I then read to try G0009 and 90471 mod. 59 but Medicare only paid for the 90471 and denied the G0009. Will they only pay for one admin.? Thanks.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join