I don't think I would code separately for G0102 for two reasons:
1 - preventive codes are age and gender specific, so the prostate exam would be part of the MALE preventive exam.
2 - most carriers that I am aware of do not recognize G codes.
Also, since we would not usually report G0101 separately for a non-Medicare female patient, why would we report G0102 separately for a non-Medicare male patient?
Just my opinion...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join