could you please post "how" the doc removed the cerumen. There are specifics to it - if it's a simple ear wash, it's not a cerumen removal procedure. It would be an E/M only. AND, I'd agree with you and your school also - if it's ONLY cerumen removal - (and it really is cerumen removal) then it will be the69210 only - no E/M. Our docs were confused for a while, they thought simple ear washing was cerumen removal.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join