I've been told that when you have multiple modifiers, you list the modifier that effects reimbursement first. The problem I have with that is that alot of modifiers effect reimbursement!
I guess in this example you could say that -62 should go first because this modifier directly effects reimbursement and -58 is just telling the payer that this was a planned procedure during the global period.
Of course, depending on what kind of code editing software you have, the charge may hit an edit if the -58 is not first because you will be billing for a procedure during a global period.
I say go with 62/58 and see what happens.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join