For counseling visits in the office setting we require a phrase similar to this
"Total face to face time with patient was XX minutes, greater than 50% was spent in counseling and coordination of care" or
"Total face to face time with patient was XX minutes, XX minutes were spent in counseling and coordination of care"
One important factor is the time spent counseling has to be more than half of the visit.
We also require them to have the extent of the counseling well documented or we dont use it.
I believe for prolonged care we do require start and stop time.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join