You would use the 96367 if the Vancomycin was infused after the Rocephin infusion was completed: 96365, 96366, 96367
For your example, if only one IV access was used, code the 2 hours of Rocephin, 96365, 96366 and the Vancomycin as concurrent, 96368.
It does matter what drugs are given to determine a sequential service or if they are integral to another procedure (CPR, CT or pre-op antibiotic). Also, when coding IVPs, you need to identify new or same substances.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join