I would not say this is fraud so much as it is non compliant and incorrect given the definition of the modifiers. You may need to obtain a copy of the CMS transmittal on the 57 vs 25 modifier where they identify the definition of a major vs a minor procedure. Sorry I do not remember which transmittal as there are actually several along thisline. Just do a search for 25 vs 57 and you should find more than enough.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join