In order to bill for a corpectomy, the surgeon must dictate that he has removed 1/2 of the vertebral body for cervical, 1/3 for lumbar and thoracic. In your case, I would not bill for a corpectomy, it would be a discectomy. Also, can not bill for neuromonitoring. I would bill 22551, 22552, 22845, 20931 and tell the surgeon he must document in the future how much was removed. If he had documented how much was removed, it would have been 63081, 63082, 22554, 22585, 22845 and 20931. Also, he should really specify what kind of graft was used, at the very least say it was structural. You can not bill for a discectomy above or below the level of a corpectomy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join