Please don't get discouraged. As previously stated the economy IS having an impact on Healthcare. Most medical facilities have recently seen a drastic increase in Government Funded Healthcare (Medicaid, Medicare, etc) which has a much lower reimbursement rate than the private healthcare sector; while due to the economic crisis many citizens have lost their private healthcare coverage. The result of this is that healthcare providers have had to trim their budgets in order to continue to provide quality care to their patients. I also entered the medical field in 2005 with NO MEDICAL EXPERIENCE. I began my journey as a receptionist even though I was Certified. Once I began, I let my employer SEE my knowledge and expertise in action. I am now coding and billing for 15 providers of 4 different specialties in addition to being the Business Manager in our facility. If you have the opprotunity to volunteer please do so. You will gain hands on knowledge and it will allow you to network with those 'inside' the field. Attend your local chapter meetings for information on opprotunities in the area. Best of luck to you in your journey!
Wanda D Tollison, CPC
AAPC - Greenville SC Chapter President Elect
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join