Coders Desk Reference is NOT a good reference for Radiology. It has had many errors and this is one. Thumb is coded with 73140. For reference, see Clinical Examples in Radiology, Spring 2011. From Dorland's Medical Dictionary, "thumb - the first digit of the hand; it is the most preaxial of the five fingers, having only the two phalanges and being apposable to the other four fingers. Called also digitus primus (I) manus and first finger. "
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join