From what I understand you would code to the highest possible procedure, tahyster w/ salpingo-oopherectomy, the exploretory lap is overridden, I believe, by the abdominal hyster b/c you opened her up, correct? I assume abdominal means an abdominal incision across the pubic area? Code to the highest surgical procedure but do not overcode. You will see it in the CPT coding manual. But, since you never left the operating room and it all happened at the same time it would seem it is a total abdominal hysterectomy with a salpingo-oophorectomy, even though you initially went thru the vagina. But, please seek counsel on this. Good luck...........sure do miss OB/GYN!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join