established problem worsening

Default established problem worsening
    Medical Coding Books
    Hi,

follow up case of infertility.she is visiting from 3 months.now my physician notes it as established problem worsen.pt. really good and she is visiting only for her follow up.I can't justify it as worsen.when enquired she says as she cannot see the case progressing ,states it as worsen.
    All my learned friends help me.

thanks,
    sunitha

Default worsening
    Perhaps she/he sees the problems as worsening because she has now been infertile for three additional months with no pregnancy. Just a thought.
    Anita Johnson, CPC, CCS, CPMA, CCS-P
    coder925@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

Default worsening
    Perhaps she/he sees the problem as worsening because she has now been infertile for three additional months with no pregnancy. Just a thought.
    Anita Johnson, CPC, CCS, CPMA, CCS-P
    coder925@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL

Hi,

Is not getting the desired result means worsen condition.Iam not debating but this is my actual question.I stress on saying she has no compliants and stable.

sunitha

Think of it this way. If your patient was diabetic and had been on medication for three months without improvement, is this worsening? You might say, because there was no change for the worse it is not worsening. Or you might look at the Management Options, and think- it is not established problem-stable, improving; so it is established problem- worsening. Many auditors call uncontrolled DM, est-worsening.