Sounds correct, if I understand what is meant by, ".... code is an examination..." If, by that you mean, the examination is for the rib fracture, then ->>> Primary code will be the reason for the visit, which is the rib fracture, then code first, 807.x (4th digit depends on rib if known; 0-9). Pregnancy, unconfirmed is V72.40. Right?
If I have the scenario wrong, holler. Someone will chime in, I'm sure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join