We code for a few physicians that perform EUS/EUS FNAs at the hospitals. We send through only the CPT for the appropriate EUS/EUS FNA. The CPT book specifically states not to use those S&I codes with certain CPTs.
I've never seen a separate radiological report at the hospital from a radiologist so I'm not sure if the hospital bills out anything. As far as I'm aware, our physicians interpret the ultrasound solely themselves.
ERCPs on the otherhand... we run into problems when the hospital radiologists bill out the S&I before we do. Our physicians do the S&I during the procedure. Their radiologist reads the images that are automatically routed to them afterwards and if they bill first, we get denied our payment.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join