So there is no documentation of the size of the wound and there is no way to find out from the physician. Your saying there was no injection for the pain while the stiches were placed or there also is no documentation of this. just a little unclear and if none of this is documented your physician will not be getting much reimbursement, as a coder I would find these things out to get proper reimbursement or else you bill at the lowest possible wound repair for this procedure. Look at how many sutures were placed, this could be an indication on how large the wound was but without proper documintation I would be hesitant to bill.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join