You need to find yourself a contact person at the hospital. Whether you bill inpatient or out will depend on the patients status with the hospital...and has nothing to do with the fact that your doctor is a "professional" provider, and not an in-house hospital provider.
Call to either registration or medical records, and just explain that you are new and need to find out how to find out if the patient was in or out patient. My docs have always brought me back a "face sheet" from the hospital that usually includes info on the patients status.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join