I agree, this is a problem-focused visit.
Had there been preventive counseling or anticipatory guidance documented, this could have been both E/M and preventive. The patient may have presented for a preventive exam, but I don't see a preventive visit here.
I have to admit I am one of those "problem" mothers who waits until the preventive visit to discuss all my concerns about my kids. It's at the provider's discretion whether to only address the problems and reschedule the preventive, or do it all in one visit. Most of the providers I bill for will do both visits at once, to keep the patients happy.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join