I would look on your Medicare carriers website to see if they have any restrictions. I know that Noridian Medicare will not pay a CRNA for Chronic pain management. I would also check with the Indiana board of nursing to make sure that they can do these procedures per state law.
It does state in the Medicare IOM 100-04 Chapter 12 section 140.4.3:
"Payment can be made for medical or surgical services furnished by nonmedically directed CRNAs if they are allowed to furnish services under State law. These services include the insertion of Swan Ganz catheters, central venous pressure lines, PAIN MANAGEMENT, emergency intubation, and the pre-anesthetic examination and evaluation of a patient who does not undergo surgery."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join