There are codes in the 12011-12021 section for simple Repair of superficial wounds of mucous membranes, or 12051-12057 for intermediate Repair of wounds, that could be used to accommodate this type of repair. They are all based on the size of the repair so you would need to know the length, which I imagine was not very long. Also, 12020 is simple closure of wound dehiscence and that could certainly work for this situation.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join