I believe it is part of E/M, unless you are performing all of 93750
(from Encoder Pro)
Patients with a previously implanted ventricular assist device (VAD) require periodic interrogation of the device. Code 93750 reports a diagnostic procedure that is performed in person, and includes a face-to-face assessment of all device functions. Components that must be evaluated include device parameters (alarms, drivelines, and power surges) and a review of the device function (flow/volume status, septum status, and recovery). This code includes the physician analysis, review, and report. It also includes device programming, if performed.
It is definitely NOT ECMO management (CPT 33960)
You might want to check in the Cardiovascular forum; that's where you'll find the experts in this field.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join