The AAP has a pamphlet discussing this issue, http://www.aap.org/breastfeeding/files/pdf/coding.pdf. We found it really helpful.
We too have an RN who is a certified lactation counselor, and use procedure codes 96150 or 96151. Reimbursement is not great, probably less than 50% of the claims billed are paid. We just look at it as a benfit for our patients and their moms.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join