I'd code this as the small bowel resection, with a -22 modifier for additional difficulty due to the extent of the lysis of adhesions.
As the codes you are using for small-bowel resection will not have anything to do with the OB-GYN code for the hysterectomy, you shouldn't need a -62 modifier.
Your surgeon uses "we" a lot ... was he assisted by the OBGYN? If so the OBGYN can bill the small bowel resection with an -80 modifier (or -82 if you are in a teaching hospital).
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join