My understanding is that if you use the 402.xx codes, it implies a direct relationship! The 402.xx must be accompanied by a "buddy code" specifying the type of heart failure. If the wording above is in the medical note, it implies a direct relationship. Would be better if the documentation stated, "ventricular hypertrophy due to hypertension...." So, CPTs I would use? 428.0 with 402.91, and 424.2.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join