I assume (dangerous to assume, I know) that you are coding and billing professional charges, not facility charges, correct? I'm not aware of 94640 carrying global days and indeed, there are no issues with NCCI edits when I checked it against a few E/M codes.
If I may offer some advice, it would be to check your specific payer contracts to see if there are any exclusions. If not, it would be worth a phone call to the plan rep asking for a valid denial reason.
Best of luck,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join