AAPC - Back to school

Thread: CPT for Integra placement

Question CPT for Integra placement

AAPC: Back to School
    I need to code the placement of Integra on a failed skin flap procedure and am thinking I should use 15400. Could someone advise me whether or not that is correct. I've not coded Integra before. Thanks in advance.

Integra is an accelular dermal replacement (derived from cow or sheep I believe as opposed to human skin cells). The website for the pharamectuical company that makes this recommended codes 15170-15176.

When a patient is burned, their skin becomes so damaged that it must be removed surgically to prevent infection. After the surgeon removes the damaged skin, INTEGRA® is used as a graft and shaped to the exact size and shape of the skin area it is to replace. INTEGRA® is surgically secured with surgical sutures or staples. The INTEGRA® areas are then covered with bandages.We can use full thickness skin graft otherwise my suggestion would be Q4104

Similar Threads

1. Placement of Integra graft
    By Amzie in forum Plastic Surgery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 10:20 AM
  2. application of Integra
    By solocoder in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 05:19 PM
  3. Integra grafts
    By Amzie in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 2