So do you put the mom's name, but then the baby's sex and birthdate? Can you add "newborn" next to the mom's name? Is it happening with all insurance carriers, or just certain ones?
The problem generally happens because a computer is reading the claims and has specific denial edits built-in, so the trick is in bypassing those edits.
Have you asked the insurance carriers how exactly they want you to include the info on the claims so that it gets processed correctly?
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join