We are repeatedly getting denials stating that our newborn services must be billed under the mothers name... NOT just her ID# for initial newborn care at a birthing center. We've even humored the ins carrier by billing this way, only to have the claims denied as we had expected... age/sex/diag incompatible with CPT/ICD9 codes. The mother newborn act ensures that newborn care will not be denied for the first 48 hrs of vag del & 72 for csec however this is specific to INpatient billing. Birthing centers & homebirths are being denied inappropriately. Has anyone had any experience, or tricks they are willing to share?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join