If the doctor placed probe and dictated that "M-mode, pulsed wave and color doppler" with the cardioversion you would bill:
TEE: 93312 Insertion of the probe
add on code: 93320 pulse wave
Add on code: 93325 Color doppler
Or if your doctor did NOT place the probe:
TEE: 93314 then any of the above add on codes that were dictated with the CV code.
Most of the time our doctors only dictate that they placed the probe and complete study with color doppler was done with CV dictation (attempts, joules...) so we normally use the 93312, 93325 and the 92960.
Oh and don't forget to add your 26 to the TEE codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join