I have recently started a new job working in the Home health arena. The other coder and I code DJD two different ways. Can someone please refer me to any official guidelines for further clarification as to how DJD should be coded?
If the DX states DJD Knee my co-worker uses the codes, 715.36 (local) I use 715.96 as unspecified.
I think perhaps my lack of understanding of the terms local/generalized/primary/secondary has me confused.
If anyone can weigh in with thoughts or resources, I'd sincerely appreciate it.
Thank you in advance,
Gina Valente, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join