Thread: Employment Testing for Coding

Default Employment Testing for Coding

I am a certified CPC and I have to take a employment test for a medical coding competency test. Has anyone taken a competency test? Was it multiple choice or just questions and answers? Please give advice!

many employers do require it and the tests are usually created by each individual employer so they vary as to their specific requirements.

Most of the ones I've seen are a little of everything. Some True/False, some multiple choice, some actual coding scenarios. One hospital gave a 100 question scantron test plus coding. As the other poster said, every employer creates their own, so who knows what you're going to get.

Becki

Post Help i need the cd call cpc exam simulator 2009

Where or how can find the CPC EXAM SIMULATOR 2009, because It has the practice CPC test. HELP HELP. Please e-mail me ant thank you for everything.

castelz@msn.com
    Last edited by castelz; 08-02-2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: add my e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by meko77 View Post
    I am a certified CPC and I have to take a employment test for a medical coding competency test. Has anyone taken a competency test? Was it multiple choice or just questions and answers? Please give advice!
    Hello meko77,

Pre-employment coding test correlate to the three coding levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced) that distinguish a coding assignments level of difficulty. U can also predict how hard a coding test rendered from an employer based on the pay range.... i.e. if your asking for fifty grand a year expect the employer to expect you to encrypt long info. versus someone asking for a wage of ten to fifteen dollars an hour; then again if u have inside connections this post might not apply to your situation...