To answer your question no some insurance companies have fixed rates as to what they pay an out of network provider and they don't have to send you anything and I mean anything. We were out of net-work with ghi and they paid 47.00 on an ov for out of network and sent the 47.00 check and EOB to the PT so no if they already have these rates in place thats usually what you get your lucky they came back and paid more.
I had a different problem with CIGNA-GREAT WEST but I thought I would vent.I am an in-network provider, and they were discounting my claims at 100% and paying nothing for all of them. It took me about 6 months to get this fixed and I still haven't seen the money yet. First they sent me to the claims dept, then prvider relations, then i had to wait for a claims specialist, then the claims specilist told me it was taken care of and it wasn't so I called CIGNA and they let them know how we weren't best freinds and despite being a provider in the real world I would not recommend Cigna to anyone I knew. They had another claims specilist call and take over but(very quickly after my comments), this was a mess and I had to keep and keep, and keep calling to make sure it was taken care of!!! What a major pain. Which reminds me it is probably time for my reminder call and see whats up I have had this problem scince FEBuary.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join