Here's the correct answers:
34812-50 (51 isn't required because this is component coding)
I disagree that the billing company coded for an artery repair. This is only reported if "extensive repair or replacement of artery" is required. The surgeon can't bill for an arteriotomy they created to perform the AAA repair.
You missed the catheterization codes and the billing company only billed for one. Depending on the carrier, some prefer 36200-50. From a coding standpoint, it is more appropriate and correct to bill it twice with the second having a 59 modifier.
The introductory paragraphs for endo repair of AAA is very well laid out in the CPT book. Use it as a guide until you become more familiar with what is reportable and what isn't.
Hope this helps and good luck! There's nothing more challenging than vascular coding!!
Keri H, CIRCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join