The physician was paid for the removal of sutures when s/he was paid for putting them in (i.e. it's included in the reimbursement for the primary procedure).
Now, I realize it is a bad idea to assume anything, but I AM asuming that when you say "outside the 10-day global period" you don't mean a month or more after the procedure, but just a few days beyond the 10-day period.
If you couldn't get the patient back in the office within 10 days due to scheduling difficulties, I would still code this as a 99024, global post-op visit.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join