No, one E/M per DOS. The physician can see that patient multiple times during the day and document it appropriately. All of the information can be used to determine the level.
The only time you can bill two E/M's on the same is when the physician does rounds in the morning and the level is somewhere between a 99231 and 99233. Then the patient can go critical later in the day. A modifier 25 is applied to the Critical Care E/M codes. Criticial Care is time based and condition of the patient based. Thus allowing for this particular scenario. If the situation is reveresed, then only the critical care E/M's are billed. Time can be accrued through out the day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join