Hi, I am new to derm and doing an audit on some dermatology services. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me.
Provider wanting to code OV (new patient) and 11100, 11101, 88305; the documentation does support the OV; but for the surgical codes I see nothing except the little written in the assessment & plan: probable seb k under lt breast irritated, r/o bcc. shave bx today. probably skin tag pigmented vs melanoma, shave bx obtained today.
Then the r/o and the vs melanoma has been crossed through with a BA written next to it.
I have not read a lot of derm notes but to me this does not support the surgical procedures.
Help! Am I off base here?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join