I have heard of cases that the provider sends specimens out while doing Moh's but from what I have seen that is a preference of the provider to do that. There would be nothing to bill since the components of Moh's is to have the pathology read during the time of surgery. You would bill the first two stages but then not for that last one. You wouldn't bill a 116xx with it because how would you be able to distinguish if this charge was separate by putting a modifier 59? This wouldn't be a different independent procedure it is still the original Moh's site that you are already billing your first two stages in.
I hope that this helps.
Julia Holt CPC, CPCD
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join