If that is the case then a consult would have had to have been requested and the provider would have dictated an initial consult. For Medicare you would bill 99221 - 99223, for some other commercial products you would bill 99251 - 99255 depending on the documentation for inpatient. For each visit afterwards you would bill 99231 - 99233. If a consult was not requested than I would ask the hospital why they are adding the patients to your rounds because there should be no need for your providers to see them if they do not have any ortho problems.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join