In my 16 yrs of lab billing it is customary for the lab to bill for the labs performed. On occasion the lab may bill the charges back to the doctor's office, hence the doctor's office would bill the patients or insurance, usually done if the doctor and lab have that agreement. Otherwise the doctor's office would not be billing for the labs.
What are the panels? What modifiers do you think you need? Lab billing only uses a hand full of modifiers.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join