You are correct these cannot be screening, if these tests are being performed because the patient is taking medication that needs to be checked then use the V58.83 and the V58.6x code for the test. You cannot indicate a reason for a test that clearly does not exist.. you cannot be screening for diabetes if the patient has diabetes and so on.. fraud? probably but certainly misrepresentation of the circumstances and cannot be supported by the medical record. Don't do it!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join