You shouldn't need a modifier on the admin code for the injection. We have similar situations for Botox, 1 carrier requires us to order through a specialty pharm instead of using our supply; for those patients we only bill the injection code, and EMG if used. We do enter the J code in our system with "0" charge, but it doesn't go on the claim, it's only for tracking purposes. Same thing when samples are used--we only bill out the injection code.
Hope that answered your question!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join